Corbett's

Corbett's

Friday, October 1, 2010

edified in our LiveSTRONG lives!

Every six months I get a new center piece for my coffee table.... I can count on it, every May and every November!  It is the General Conference Addresses.  I especially love last Mays because of the touching picture that was on the front of it.  So often I would walk by it and say to myself, "Hi President and Sister Monson." :) You can not look at that picture without smiling and feeling the love and dedication they have for the Lord.  It just makes my body tingle. The very first thing that I do when I get my magazine in the mail is start flipping through the pages and looking at all the photographs.  They are always so uplifting and SO happy.  They capture such sweet moments, some people posing for the camera and others oblivious.  The darling little children are dressed in their sunday best and parents who are so dedicated to going to temple square to feel the spirit that is there.  When ever I want something to do or need a little lift, I open my conference ensign and scan through the pictures. them!!!

 I am certain that for those of you who have this magazine your looks something like mine, torn, ripped, used, taped, restapled, bent, highlighted EVERYWHERE, and mostly... loved. 
We love general conference weekend. Infact for me it is a great time line.  I try to make spiritual goals and use the next 'conference' as my deadline. It is a great measure of time for me. 
Most of you already know, but I am the 'teaching for your times teacher' in Relief Society, (LUV IT).   I get the opurtunity  to study a few of the talks in depth. A few of my favorites last time were, "Mothers and Daughters" by Elder M. Russell Ballard, and "Help Them on Their Way Home" by President Henry B. Erying, "Your Happily Ever After" by President Dieter F. Uchtdof (I was at this session and it was amazing), and "Mother told Me" by Elder Bradly D. Foster.  I was so inspired last conference to be a better mother and teach my children gospel principles better. And also a 'refocus' on our family and priorities!  It seemed endless the times they mentioned parenting, mothering, families, grandparents, etc....etc....
I am beyond excited for this weekend.  I always love the stories, their encouraging words that help us press on, and the spirit that I feel as they testify of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I pray that I have spiritually prepared myself that I may be edified.  As of these last few months,  I have never been so fed by the spirit as I have with the news of Doug's cancer.  It seems like during the trials in your life you have a couple choices:  1. Draw nearer to God or 2. separate yourself from Him.  Because of the faith we have and because of what we have been taught, we found SO much comfort in the spirit and in His eternal plan. I know without a doubt that this trial in our life is for our good.  We will be stronger and better because of it.  We have said from day 1, we are spiritually excited for this journey because we will grow.  We are so blessed to be a part of this challenging yet necessary mortal existence.   These last few months have been the most spiritual months of my life. Feeling His love and comfort continually.  Elder M. Russell Ballard said, "when suffering, we may in fact be nearer to God than we have ever been inour entire lives. That knowledge can turn ever such situation into a would-be temple. Regarding our earthly journey, the Lord has promised: 'I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left.  My spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up.'  That is an everlasting declaration of God's love and care for us, including and perhaps especially in times of trouble."
I testify of the truthfulness of this statement.  In our time of 'trouble' we felt Him by our side ever step.  My Heavenly Father knows me personally and He knows what is best for our family at this time.  With my small mortal mind, I am trying to have a better understanding of, and an increase of faith in His plan.
Hope you have an incredible weekend and for those of you who have the opportunity to watch conference....May we be edified in our "Live-STRONG" lives!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Farrah! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend. You will never know how much I have learned from you and what an amazing example you have been in my life. I literally cannot imagine my life without you and your perfect example in it! Sending hugs your way! XOXOXO

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farrah, you inspire me! I am only hope that someday I can have the wisdom you do. I'll keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete